Thursday, October 30, 2008

AT LAST--They are over!

POST ARTICLE

Of all the Candidate Forums, I thought this one was the most boring of all. Not one candidate was on top of his game but all had spurts of excellence at one time or another. Every past Forum had the candidates seated in Alpha order, Commission District 2 on the left side as you are looking at the stage and District 4 on the right which resulted in the two incumbents sitting on each end. It made total sense. I guess the President’s Council of the Neighborhood Associations wanted to find an even more fair approach to this seating. Who knows. Sometimes the simplest of things get turned around.

I have to admit...I was very mad at John Jordan last night. Prior to the incident, he was holding his own in his own way. Mary Lindsey who had been alerted to this possible revelation was prepared for the attack and her explanation was classy and well done. Cara Jennings' retort was perfect.

Dave Vespo still thinks that we needed matching funds to get the $5 million from the County and still insists that we now have twice the number of officers that we had before going with the Sheriff’s Department. Ok, Dave, whatever.

I will be glad when it is all over.

P.S. To the person who put a Mulvehill flier on my car last night while I was at the Pizza Palace, sorry, but I don't vote for Republicans--EVER!