Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lake Osborne Heights Crime up-date

Crime Walk

Crime abounds in Lake Osborne Heights and Lake Worth in general

From a citizen on Wright Drive

"On December 3rd "last week", when I arrived home from work around 5:30 pm, I noticed my dead bolt lock on my front door was severely damaged to the point where I could not enter my home through the front door. My next door neighbor assisted me in removing the damaged lock and replacing it the same evening. Whoever it was trying to get into my home was somehow spooked and fortunately did not get access to my home.

That same evening, (December 3rd 2008) from 6:30 until nearly past midnight, I sat outside with my neighbor, and we did a mini-experiment to see how often the police drove down our street 'Wright drive', and in a 6 1/2 hour period...NOT ONE SINGLE GIVEN TIME DID WE SEE A POLICE CAR OR AN EMERGENCY VEHICLE, OR ANY OF THE SORT DRIVE PAST OUR HOME."

Katie McGiveron has talked to Deputy Mahoney and he has assured her that patrols will happen. As you recall, her home was broken into as well. Has anyone seen a C.O.P. car since the Sheriff took over? Has anyone seen a Sheriff's car other than the occasional one cruising Lake Avenue?