Saturday, May 9, 2009

Jon Mallard, my friend

IN MEMORY
of the Greatest Boss I ever had

JON L. MALLARD
5-22-36/5-7-09

I worked with Jon many years ago when he was President of Previews, Inc., an international real estate company dealing in very high end and often times unusual properties throughout the world. Our office was in the Royal Poinciana Plaza in Palm Beach and I was the Brokerage Manager at that time.

Jon always had a twinkle in his eye--he loved life. He was for women's rights, gay rights and everyone's rights. He loved people and they loved him and he loved to smoke cigarettes. He never worried that smoking might kill him one day as he was enjoying one day at a time. For the last five years he was on oxygen and struggling to live. On Thursday in Fort Payne, Alabama, he breathed his last breath.

I will miss you my friend, one of the most unique, charismatic and unforgettable people I have ever known. May you rest in peace.