Thursday, July 16, 2009

Success South Florida Magazine honors Retha Lowe


This magazine just honored Retha Lowe as one of the top 25 most Influential and Prominent Black Women of 2009.

I like Retha for many things. She is friendly with a terrific smile but does not smile often enough...too many serious issues in this city I guess. I think that she shows more common sense than anyone on the dais at times. She finally knows that we are part of her District out here on Lake Osborne and for that I am grateful. I like Retha because she has a sense of humor. She pretended that our Lowe Must Go signs were "racist" but that's just playing politics. She has a sense of justice when it involves friends and people she likes or even The League of Cities. She will get out there like a trooper even campaigning for another commissioner. I like loyalty and respect that. She has been elected to office for 12 years. Basically I think she is a good woman and obviously the voters have thought so too.

She was honored for all that she has been involved with through the years, receiving various awards for her service to the city of Lake Worth as well as Palm Beach County.

But she never came clean on the Sun Recycling campaign donations and the State had to do it for her.

See PRESS RELEASE listing Commissioner Lowe as a recipient of this award.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are being too kind, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Looky everybody - it's a racist magazine!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing. You never see any magazine or anyone else honoring the top 25 white guys of 2009. How absurd is that?

Anonymous said...

I'm so CONFUSED.Was Rhetha's signature statement quoted in this bigoted story ?