Wednesday, November 10, 2010

500 Absentee Ballots not Counted

Comment Up
Don't you just love it? The Post does this big article on a box of 500 absentee ballots that were "discovered" in Riviera Beach at the Tabulation Center that apparently were not counted due to human error. It's tough to put up with these humans.

The article says that 230 of them could affect the School Board election of Andrews and Grossman. The Post goes on to say that "In the Lake Worth races, Mulvehill won reelection by just a 321-vote margin over challenger Lisa Maxwell, while McVoy defeated rival Carla Blockson by just 371 votes for an open commission seat" and the 500 ballots could affect Lake Worth.

The problem here is that to assume that all 500 voters who sent in absentee ballots that are in this box even pertain to the Lake Worth Municipal election would be stretching it. Keep paddling that canoe.

5 comments:

kkss21 said...

And yet,these people keep collecting their county paychecks,,,,,

Lynn Anderson said...

True. And I worry more that they are all Union members; they can't be fired; and all those retirement benefits they will get for decades for doing such a "great" job.

Diana Demarest said...

Hi Lynn - just so you know - there are no union members in the SOE's office. This is a rumor what has been going on for years and it just isn't true.

Take care!

Di :)

Lynn Anderson said...

You know--I just don't trust this anymore. People ask me-- should I vote absentee? I always say "no." I want to know that I put my ballot into the machine with my own little hands. The major Parties are always encouraging people to vote absentee.

Losing by 40 votes must be hard to grasp...so close but so far away, a heartbreaking experience. Sorry.

Nice to know, also, that we can fire these bums.

Diana Demarest said...

It's worse than you think. Voting at the polls is no guarantee your vote is counted. I am here to tell you that none of this is Bucher's fault.

Personally, I would like to see Internet voting. We bank online, we pay bills online, we shop online.

I have been doing these things since 1995 and have never had a problem.

If I can bank online, I should be able to vote online.

The legislature doesn't want this because voter turnout would triple and they won't be able to time their message (AKA mail/TV to spin it...)