Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tom Ramiccio says he wants to be Mayor of Lake Worth

Comment Up
"I'll be a big contender."

~Tom Ramiccio

Tom Ramiccio told the PB Post that he will be running for Mayor of Lake Worth. "Ramiccio has written a five-part plan to revitalize the city that recommends hiring an internal auditor, creating new sources of revenue and stimulating economic development. Ramiccio said he wants to consider "all options" to reduce the city's electric rates, including selling the city's electric utility." Read about it HERE.

He told me weeks ago that he had a "lot of support."

After suing The Palm Beach Post and Commissioner Suzanne Mulvehill, blaming her for his termination at the Chamber, he wants to set his record straight by running again and winning. One thing that we can conclude from observing him at city commission meetings and his public speaking is that Ramiccio holds the present government and city manager in low esteem.

At the end of all of this he might be uttering Rocky Balboa's words:
"I coulda been a contender.”

8 comments:

Jessica said...

At the end of all of this he might be uttering Rocky Balboa's words:
"I coulda been a contender.”

That quote was actually said by Marlon Brando in the film, On the Waterfront.

Anonymous said...

Actually, it was Marlon Brando playing Terry Malone in the 1954 movie "On the Waterfront" who said that.

Anonymous said...

It wasn't Rocky who uttered those words.

Lynn Anderson said...

"Yo, Adrian"
Rocky Balboa

Anonymous said...

A few more-

"I just wanna prove somethin'—I ain't no bum . . . It don't matter if I lose . . . Don't matter if he opens my head . . . The only thing I wanna do is go the distance—That's all. Nobody's ever gone 15 rounds with Creed. If I go them fifteen rounds, an' that bell rings an' I'm still standin', I'm gonna know then I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood . . ."

Anonymous said...

It's funny what some people think as important here.
The very fact that Ramissio is running is a mystery. And I say that is will not be a contender.

Anonymous said...

Why would Tom want to run again unless it was ego driven.

Anonymous said...

If Mr. Ramaicco wants to sell our electric company, maybe it's a good thought .....