Monday, April 18, 2011

L-Dub = LW = Lake Worth

Comment Up

Now that the CRA has adopted L-Dub as the name for the Cultural Renaissance Program, what better way to market it then to wear a T-Shirt calling attention to it?

Can you imagine hundreds of people walking around wearing this shirt and it all snowballs into the coolest Lake Worth fashion statement with everyone saying, "I just have to have one" --instant pride in our City. People will be stopping you to ask, "What in the heck does it man?" Perhaps we can even get them made in doggy sizes so that all those people showing off their pooches will have the most stylish pooch in town. It will call attention to our City and everyone will be in the groove to put Lake Worth on the map.

Cavers and Pavers will finally have something in common to support without bickering and/or "mythmaking," but that is unlikely. They can't seem to get over their obsession with Cara Jennings and think that she is still running the city from cyber space on her I-Pad. After all, they say, because of her, Lake Worth went to the dogs and even a fashionable dog wearing an L-Dub shirt probably wouldn't want to live here.

The CRA has taken a positive approach with a name that is catchy and cool and can be turned around to something very positive. We did get rid of the gangs, right? We reclaim it as "ours." And this idea didn't cost $700,000.

Explanation from Christopher and Barry's T's:
Lake Worth = LW
LW spelled out = el double-u
"el double-u" abbreviated = L Dub

L is, well, L. Double-u becomes Dub. L-Dub.
We live in the L-Dub. Get it ? ; )

8 comments:

Deborah Smtih said...

That's the dubbest things I ever heard.

Lynn Anderson said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

If you insist that I understand it then I will. The other choices were worse.

Anonymous said...

I love l dub and I want my dog to wear that shirt. Where can I buy one?
from one of those owners that strolls my sweetie pie.

Coco said...

And the fact that ldub also means a $20 piece of crack rock and is used by gangs throughout the COUNTRY? Should we ignore that? And who said anything about Cara Jennings?

Anonymous said...

Coco is Loco.

Lynn Anderson said...

I thought it was your bike riding buddy, Mythmaker.

Anonymous said...

I'll buy 4 of those in car stickers! Love it!