Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lake Worth Library and Ted Brownstein

Our Lake Worth Library is a special place. The Pioneers established our Library in 1926 and this building was built in 1946. It is having a book sale this weekend.

Friends gathered at the Library on Thursday night for a talk and book signing by Lake Worthian, Ted Brownstein, who just released his book, "SUNSHINE REPUBLIC, Thunder over Lake Worth."

Ted Brownstein

Normally I have not been that interested in science fiction although I have enjoyed Dean Koontz's novels who wrote about a dozen or so science fiction books. I just started Ted's book that takes place in 2130 with the setting in Lake Worth, Florida. That alone makes this book special. As we read, we will be wondering if certain characters are people we actually know. I would swear the description of the hero is that of my cousin-in-law, Cesar Figueroa from Cuba.

No comments: