Monday, June 13, 2011

Flag Day in Lake Worth June 14

LW SCOTTISH RITE ANNOUNCES
THE CELEBRATION OF FLAG DAY AND THE READING OF NAMES OF CLASSMATES WHO HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIVES FOR OUR COUNTRY AND FLAG.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Tuesday, June 14th at 6:30pm the City and the Lake Worth Scottish Rite will celebrate Flag Day at the Bandshell in Bryant Park. All are welcome to join in and Honor the symbol of the America we LOVE. The Scottish Rite will be reading the names of the Classmates at Lake Worth High School who gave their lives for our Country and Flag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well this sort of fits the blog--

I was eating lunch with my grandson at school when I asked him, "Did you know that President's Day is tomorrow?"

He nodded.

So I asked "Do you know what that means?"

I was waiting for something "profound", since who knows what they teach them these days, as most civics subjects have been deemed "old fashioned",
"politically incorrect", and "non-inclusive" in most school districts.

He said, "President's Day is when Obama steps out of the White House,
and if he sees his shadow, we have 2 more years of unemployment."

I was so proud I almost snorted my iced tea thru my nose!!