Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Have Class in your Glass and pick up your Trash

Comment Up

As someone discarded this quart glass beer bottle on downtown city property, I was wondering what the best malt liquor is. Afterall, if you are going to trash our streets you should at least have some sort of class about your glass.

The best answer that came up was--There is no such thing as "Best" malt liquor. Malt liquor, by definition is made as cheaply as possible to get a higher ABV. It is all cheaply made, mass produced and low quality. The only people that buy this crap are homeless alcoholics, underage kids, and street corner drinkers that "hide" it in a brown bag.

Now, if this empty, discarded bottle was found west of the railroad tracks I would be more concerned than ever about the recent political commission decision allowing for a 2COP waiver there for a little take-out cafe that recently politicked singing the old Frankie Avalon song, Oh Venus, make my wish come true. It pays to have friends and a good, cheap hotdog.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we PLEASE bring back bottle deposits in Florida? That would end the problem of broken glass everywhere. My husbands first job was in the bottle room at publix.Also if I wanted to buy any candy at 7-11 when I was a kid,I had to go find an empty bottle to finance my sugar habit!Anyone lucky enough to turn in a large coke bottle got 25 cents! A bonanza!!

Meiza said...

I would rather pick-you-up and share the class in the glass.

Anonymous said...

I can't envision Loretta even eating a hot dog.

Lynn Anderson said...

To the uninformed person who just attempted to post here--it is a POLITICAL DECISION when you have a commission voting to give a waiver such as this one. It is a political decision when you have former candidate for mayor Loretta Sharpe lobbying for the owner. It is political when you have a neighborhood that was bought off by the owner of this little cafe.

Your post would have been fine until you got personal. My rules.

Mark Seaver said...

The vote was 5-0. Are you saying that Mulvehill & McVoy were lobbied and swayed by Loretta Sharpe?

Also, they do not sell bottled beer, only draft beer and glasses of wine.

Lynn Anderson said...

I am saying that it WAS a political decision. I don't care if it was 3 votes or 5 votes or who on the dais made them. Glad to know Venus only sells beer in a go-cup.

Anonymous said...

Venus does not sell beer, they have not got their license yet.

As for Loretta, I was unaware she had that much lobbying power in the city.

Anonymous said...

How was the neighborhood bought off by the owner of the cafe?