Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lake Worth Beach progress

Comment Up

A tropical storm warning was issued for most of South Florida — including the entire east coast, south of the Jupiter Inlet yesterday afternoon. Drove over to the beach late yesterday as the Pier was closed--Public Services was on top of it. Benny's was opened as usual til 5pm. Not many on the beach as it was windy but beautiful in spite of the construction. The waves were not that high..no surfers while I was there. One lady's reaction who happened to park next to me--"This is terrible what they're doing to the parking." Yup. I agree. My passenger had to exit my car to help me as I backed out as I had a van next to me. Backing out is a trick as you have vehicles coming in two directions plus cars backing out on you from the other side. The shrubs were cut down near A1A so it is not dangerous exiting the beach now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liked the new $8 million dollar shrubs.

Anonymous said...

did you see any of the sea wall floating away?

Anonymous said...

no only a few more cracks

Anonymous said...

I think the new drive and parking will take some getting used to, but I for one celebrate the reduction of asphalt at our beach/park. I think the addition of more park space/more green space and yes more shade space is super. Can't wait.

If you really hate the upper parking deck, park in the lower one and walk up, its maybe 50 yards away.

Lynn Anderson said...

Actually, I want you to tell us who you are so that if we see you at the beach, we can make sure that YOU ARE WALKING UP FROM THE LOWER LEVEL.

This is BEACH, NOT somewhere for people to go to walk on or look at grass.

Parking is a revenue. That's why Cara didn't want it--