Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's all about the Economy and Jobs

There are 75,000 Palm Beach County residents who have faced foreclosure over the last four years.  Very few people can say that they are doing better today. The economy has stalled and we see no improvement.

Robert Waples, president of his homeowner's association and a man who goes out of his way to help anyone in need, at times has been needy himself ever since he lost his job some time ago. He is working again but making much less. We hear these stories all of the time. We all know someone for whom the economy has affected negatively. I would wager to say that everyone in my condo community alone has been affected because of banks that got us into this crisis to begin with and banks that Obama bailed out with Stimulus. Interest on our savings that we depended upon to help pay our day to day bills is now non-existent and has been during the course of Obama's presidency.

“On the foreclosure issue, which frankly is affecting my home and my vote, the current solutions do not fit my situation which is the same as millions of other homeowners,” said Waples, who supported Obama in 2008. “Many of us, the middle class, lost our jobs during the crash and have spent the last four to five years rebuilding our income but do not fall into the HAMP or HARP or any other program that Fannie Mae and others have in place.”

Last month, Waples changed his voter registration from Democrat to no party affiliation. “Sadly, I will probably make my choice when I walk into the booth,” he said.

After being a life-long Democrat, I have yet to change my Party affiliation as basically I vote for the person, not the Party. Being an Independent would not allow me to vote in Primary elections. I did not, however, vote for Obama in 2008. Sadly, all of my fears have come true. I will be voting for Mitt Romney on November 6.

We really do need change. And as Bill Clinton once said, "It is the economy, stupid."

Click here... to read on the foreclosure crisis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bank bailout took place when Bush was still in office.
A few true facts are not going to hurt your blog.