Sunday, October 28, 2012

Romney gets another major Endorsement

Comment Up
 DesMoines Register endorses Romney.

Sen. George McGovern, the Democratic contender in the 1972 election, explained the significance of Iowa like this: "Iowa is terribly important. It's the first test in the nation, where we get any test at all" [source: University of Iowa].

The DesMoines Register says, "American voters are deeply divided about this race. The Register’s editorial board, as it should, had a vigorous debate over this endorsement. Our discussion repeatedly circled back to the nation’s single most important challenge: pulling the economy out of the doldrums, getting more Americans back in the workforce in meaningful jobs with promising futures, and getting the federal government on a track to balance the budget in a bipartisan manner that the country demands.

Which candidate could forge the compromises in Congress to achieve these goals? When the question is framed in those terms, Mitt Romney emerges the stronger candidate."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Romney, has flip flopped so many times I feel like he is on a trampoline.

Lynn Anderson said...

Gimme some examples. Sounds like another big lie from a Democrat to me. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy to oblige, but keep in mind this is the short list since your blog won't allow more copy. And just for fun, let's start it off with a bit of Mitt's fantasy history:

"I saw my father march with Martin Luther King."

Later, when called on such a fabrication:

"I did not see it with my own eyes."


Flip 1: “Roe v. Wade has gone too far.”
Flop 1: “I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should
sustain and support it.”

Flip 2: “I respect and will protect a woman’s right to choose."
Flop 2: “I never really called myself pro-choice.”

Flip 3: “I’ve been a hunter pretty much all my life.”
Flop 3: “Any description of my being a hunter is an overstatement of capability.”

Flip 4: “It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam.”
Flop 4: “I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing
our country there.”

Flip 5: “I’m not trying to return to Reagan-Bush.”
Flop 5: “Ronald Reagan is… my hero.”

Flip 6: “I will work and fight for stem cell research.”
Flop 6: “In the end, I became persuaded that the stem-cell debate was grounded
in a false premise.”

Flip 7: “I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation.”
Flop 7: “There’s no question raising the minimum wage excessively causes a
loss of jobs.”

Flip 8: “I like mandates. The mandates work.”
Flop 8: “I think it’s unconstitutional on the 10th Amendment front.”

Flip 9: “I saw my father march with Martin Luther King.”
Flop 9: “I did not see it with my own eyes.”

Flip 10: “This is a completely airtight kennel mounted on the top of our car.”
Flop 10: “They’re not happy that my dog loves fresh air.”

Enjoy:

http://mittromneyflipflops.com/

http://romneyflop.com/by-topic/

Lynn Anderson said...

HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, here's a list of lies of Obama:
http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/fashion-shows/

Anonymous said...

Romney also claims to have governed Massachusetts are a "SEVERE CONSERVATIVE". But later claims to be a moderate.
Colin Powell is a MAJOR ENDORSEMENT.
The Des Moines Register is equivalent to the Lake Worth Herald in terms of importance.