Tuesday, April 22, 2014

921 South B Street Painting Event

Comment Up

Signature Healthcare personnel were there. Signature will be sponsoring three more community benefit events in year 2014. Several citizen volunteers along with Mark Parrilla, president of Genesis Neighborhood Association in Lake Worth who put this event together, were working right along with Signature when I showed up.  Fr. Terence Belcher, Director of Spirituality for Signature HealthCARE of Palm Beach had secured Hoffman Companies of PB County that did all the prep work (pressure cleaning, soffet repairs, etc.)  prior to today's painting.

Home Depot, a large corporation always willing to help in community projects or fundraisers for worthy causes, exhausted its entire April budget for community donations by providing all the building materials, paint, brushes, etc.  Next month they have committed a new barbeque grill and patio furniture for this proud owner, Ms. Suk Grant who chose the color for her house.

This should be on Channel 12 News this evening as they were there filming. When it is finished, it will look fabulous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the yard will be done in the near future

Mark A. Parrilla said...

Lynn thank you for coming out and documenting another one of my labors of Love for OUR COMMUNITY! I woke up this morning still feeling overwhelmed with joy for another opportunity to help a neighbor in need. Next month after Home Depot delivers the patio set and BBQ they donated to Ms. Grant I will set a date for our next Genesis meeting and it will be in her backyard and we will BBQ after and have a little mini block party. I am grateful first to God, then to Signature Healthcare of the Palm Beaches for the amazing and sincere passion to be a positive impact in my efforts to help others and improve the quality of life in our neighborhood, city and county!

Last year there was a senior recovering from cancer who lived in the College Park neighborhood right across the street from Frank Palen. Commissioner Amoroso asked me to call her and see if I could help. She was cited by code and being scheduled for special magistrate. I met with the woman and then called the President of College Park, Mary Lindsey, who didn't offer any assistance when I asked. So I called Robert Waples and he brought his compressor and we met at her house one morning and pressure washed her roof and Herman Robinson came out and mowed her yard and she avoided going to court. I don't restrict myself to helping only those within the Genesis boundaries.

Joyously,
Mark A. Parrilla