Saturday, April 26, 2014

Shopping in downtown Lake Worth

Comment Up

From time to time I will hear someone say, "Gee I would shop in our downtown if there was any place to buy something." This is a unique occasion, featuring myself on my own blog, but this is all about shopping in downtown Lake Worth.

My ensemble, other than the shoes--from the flower clip in my hair (bought at Bali's) to the slacks and the crochet top (Trinkets and Treasures), the earrings (Ella's-Lake Worth Jewelers) and the jewelry was bought in our downtown. Trinkets and Treasures is one of my favorite places for clothes and accessories especially if you are looking for something special. There are other wonderful shops from new clothes to consignment to historical pieces that have been featured here in the past.

While you are visiting Earth Day today at the Cultural Plaza starting at Noon or the Zombie Crawl tonight, take a stroll up the avenues and support our downtown.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog every day...and I would like to shop in our downtown but I'm afraid.
When I read your blog about all the crime and bad elements in our downtown I don't think its safe.
Aren't you afraid too? Are there certain times of the day its not so bad?


Lynn Anderson said...

@10:22...don't start "putting me on" so early in the day. :)

Ask downtown merchant Amoroso for advice. Stop a friendly Sheriff if you see one and ask him. Ask your visionaries.

Anonymous said...

You look great, Lynn- beautiful color combination and styles.
Glad to hear they are all available in our historic, low-rise downtown.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. That outfit is not at all attractive.Really Lynn Tuck.


Anonymous said...

Except for our lying politicians and city staff, lake Worth is a great place to live.

Anonymous said...

We do have lots of great little shops in our downtown. I do wish there was more police presence and I am surprised that the downtown merchant group is not all over the commission on this issue. I don't normally feel unsafe in the city, but the panhandlers are really quite aggressive and do make me feel uncomfortable.