Saturday, April 25, 2015

Republicans gave Obama what he wanted

Comment Up

Obama should be thanking the Republican Party. Ten Republicans voted for Loretta Lynch as Attorney General with the final outcome at 56/43. The Senate changed its rules in 2013 allowing a simple majority to stop a filibuster and confirm Lynch. Therefore, she only needed support of four Republicans on the Senate floor to secure a majority. Five Republicans had already committed to go with Lynch before the vote.

It's no wonder that Glenn Beck has no use for Republicans when he announced in March--“I’m out of the Republican Party. I am not a Republican. I will not give a dime to the Republican Party. I’m out.”

Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
Orrin Hatch (Utah)
Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
Thad Cochran (Miss.)
Susan Collins (Maine)
Mark Kirk (Ill.)
Kelly Ayotte (N.H.)
Ron Johnson (Wis.)
Rob Portman (Ohio)

Read more...

1 comment:

Lynn Anderson said...

Thanks, anonymous at 3:47. Did I say that I was AGAINST Lynch? I don't recall that I said that. I know who is FULL OF CRAP.