Monday, July 20, 2015

Humana

Comment Up

A month ago, I was notified by Humana that Hospital Corporation of America was dropping out of their Network of hospital providers and they would know by July 10.  July 10th came and went and no official word so I assumed the worst. That was serious as I was no longer eligible to use JFK Hospital through my Humana Insurance coverage unless I paid for all hospital costs myself.  JFK is less than a mile from where I live and a hospital for which  I hold in deep regard as it has cared for my family through the years and has the best heart team anywhere.

I just learned today that Humana reached an agreement with HCA this past Thursday and a notice is going out to its 1.5 million Florida customers.  The $34 billion merger deal with Humana Aetna must still survive antitrust scrutiny. It is expected to close in the second half of 2016. If it goes through, no one knows how that might affect medical premiums.

Read Humana's statement

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, glad to know as I am in Humana. Also good to know Blackman stepped down. He must have something more lucrative going.

Anonymous said...

Ya know what JFK stands for...

Just F...ing Kill me!

Glad to hear you hold them is such high esteem.

They do have a decent heart unit, but a better unit is at Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center... 20 minutes up the road.

Nurse said...

In 2014, JFK Medical Center was named one of the country's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. It is superior.

Anonymous said...

Until Obama care is rescinded, every American is in danger.