Saturday, September 9, 2017

Irma Sucks, nevertheless!

See you all after the storm and maybe we'll still have power. 

For a person who is basically cautious and sceptical, I am being optimistic here.


The strongest predicted winds in Lake Worth will be 75 to 95 for Sunday night. I remember Hurricane David in 1979 that started out as they usually do as a tropical storm. Later it became a category 5 at 175 mph killing nearly 2,000 in the Dominican Republic. Here in the Palm Beaches, we were on the left side of the storm when it hit landfall on Singer Island on September 3 at a Category 1 with recorded winds at 95 mph. I distinctly remember it was 110 mph but can't verify that. I was living in that area at the time and only lost some screening on a porch. However, overall damages were estimated at $1 million. So, I feel very lucky right now with Irma's projection. It's in God's hands now.

Stay safe.

We might have lucked out after all.

No comments: