Friday, October 20, 2017

FEMA in the ROLO neighborhood?

Katie alerted me to a group of people (I witnessed four men and one woman) in the ROLO neighborhood today knocking on doors and giving out flyers from a pad. They all had badges around their necks identifying them as FEMA reps.

They did not wear uniforms. There were no markings on their van but it did have a government plate. They told me they were part of Homeland Security and here to assist people who might have a claim from hurricane damage. That's as far as I got until it poured down rain. By the time I got to my car I was drenched all the way through.

Katie called the non-emergency number at PBSO and left a message with the operator. No one called her back. One hour later she called again and no one was picking up. It's Friday.


Read the Disaster Assistance Info Sheet

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathleen Mcgiveron, ROLOLEAD7
Blue FEMA van
Big blue van on Collier,Govt plates people waling around handing out fliers telling people how to sign up for FEMA assistance. Is this legit?I don't know. Called the non erg PBSO # . Never got any feedback .What a surprise ,right? Did see a golf cart full of PBSO dept.'s fly down street about 20 min after my call. Related? don't know. Just finally got back in touch with non emerg PBSO dispatch apparently a dept came out but could not find the van. Dispatch said since FEMA is in JPP probably legit. So I have a group of people going door to door handing out fliers asking for bank account info,soc sec numbers ins info but don't worry- THEY ARE PROBABLY LEGIT !!! Jesus Christ. I've never seen anything like this in my life. Good luck everybody !! I have reported this information to the police.

NewJust now · 21 neighborhoods in Crime & Safety
ReplyReply

Anonymous said...

Of course it's Fri afternoon so good luck trying to find out if this is legit. Van got the hell out of my neighborhood. PBSO couldn't find it.
Katie Mcgiveron

Anonymous said...

Omg epic rant.Gonna save this one. Grasias!

Lopez said...

It' spelled grasiaz

Lynn Anderson said...

Read this--
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/fl-sb-hurricane-irma-broward-disaster-recovery-20170921-story.html

Jeanine said...

They had to close 95 as cars were not able to exit at these stops. Baerbal was stuck on 95. Disgusting. Nation of moochers