Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Post - the movie

I saw a terrific movie--The Post

This was a Steven Spielberg film about Katharine Graham, the former publisher of The Washington Post and Ben Bradlee its editor who published The Pentagon Papers. It took place back when newspapers were ethical and did honest reporting. I had no idea who was starring in the film and didn't learn until the movie started. Even though I swore I would never watch a Meryl Streep or a Tom Hanks movie again because of their anti-Trump stance, I'm really happy I saw this film.

I couldn't help but think that this movie, directed and produced by Hollywood liberals, was released to re-legitimize the Post and the Times and to soften the "fake news"mantra of President Trump.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hollywood always has an agenda, even the Olympics is political when it shouldn't be. The latest tv show is depicting 3 housewives with guns on crime sprees, diverse of course and of course a comedy.

Lynn Anderson said...

Not so funny stuff.